ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, August 22, 2011

Nebraska, Here I come!

11 August 2011

Familia, Friends, le amo!!

First of all... I got my Travel Plans!!! Woo!! I leave on Tuesday to Nebraska. I'm sad that I wont be able to see my sister at the MTC before I leave... but I guess the Lord's will is different. But... I am SO excited for Nebraska. I can't wait until I can just go talk to people about the gospel. I feel like I know enough spanish to carry a conversation with someone and teach the lessons, but we will see how fast they speak out in the field!! haha

I hope you all had a great week. I can't believe it's already the middle of August. That means school is starting up again soon. I hope you all are super excited for school :)

Well, last week, I talked about how I was so excited to teach a lesson to our investigator here at the MTC. And wow, it was SO awesome! We taught our investigator about the Atonement and the spirit was SO strong. We directed our lesson based on the needs of her than just teaching the lesson. I feel like this is the first time we really did this. And wow. Our investigator was crying during our lesson, and it was just so cool. After the lesson, as a companionship we said a gratitude prayer because we know that we weren't the ones that taught the lesson.
It is amazing, you can tell when the spirit is teaching or not. If you're not teaching with the spirit, the investigator doesn't pay attention and you feel like you are just saying whatever you can think of. But wen you have the spirit with you, it is powerful, and the lesson is just amazing. This is a lesson that I will never forget and will motivate me in the mission field.

Also, this Sunday was Fast Sunday, and I was debating whether or not to bear my testimony. Well, if I were to bear my testimony, I would do it in spanish...sooo I wasn't so sure if I wanted to. Well, once the Sacrament Meeting started, it hit me that I should go up and bear my testimony. although I just didn't want to. haha Then, during the sacrament, I felt the spirit strongly and I remembered that I set a goal at the beginning of my MTC experience that I wanted to share my testimony in sacrament meeting, so I ended up doing it. And I did it all in SPanish!! haha YES!!! I would so stoked. My companions said they understood everything I said...so Yes!! I was so happy!! And I realized how important it is to have goals. If we have goals in our lives, they can lead us for good. I'm so glad I set this goal at the beginning of my MTC experience. Just going up and bearing my testimony in spanish
really pumped up my confidence with the language and helped me to realize that if I truly just rely on the Lord, he will help me in everything I do. And i'M grateful for the opportunity that we have each month to bear our testimonies in church. It's an opportunity to share our testimony with others and thank the Lord for his great mercy and love in our lives!! I don't do it much, and so I felt like I needed to
this week!!

Later on Sunday night, I got a picture with Elder Robby Lee by the big map because he left Monday morning. It was the weirdest thing to say goobye to him again. haha I'm excited for him... he will be a great missionary.

Then, yesterday, one of our teachers told our district that we needed to combine with another district because there were lots of missionaries coming and 16 desks were in one room. and there was only 5 desks in our room. haha Having 16 desks in a room would be unbelievable, so I understand why this is needing to take place. Our little class of 5 elders was so much fun... and I am so grateful that we didn't have to combine with the other district a few weeks ago. This change was
definitely not as difficult as it would have been a few weeks ago. We wont have our same teachers anymore, which I will miss... but we gained 2 other teachers, and that is good too! we combined with another district of 5. And really, we only have like 4-5 days left here, so this change wasn't bad at all.

Overall, The MTC has been a great experience for me. I have learned more about myself, the Lord, and the importance of this life here in the MTC than anywhere else. I love missionary work. And I am so excited that my next e-mail will be sent from NEBRASKA!!! woo hooo. Thanks everyone for your love, examples, and letters. I hope you all have a wonderful week!! The church is true!!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment