ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, August 22, 2011

Elder Vawdrey meets "Elder Vawdrey"

24 June 2011

Familia,

Well hey!! Time for another letter for you. Muchas gracias for your letters. I loved reading them. There is a lot that I can report this week! It has been a learning week, that’s for sure.

The other day I was just chomping away and loving my dinner and then an Elder I didn’t know came up to me and was like, “Hey Elder Vawdrey, how are you?” I was
like, “Oh, I’m just great. How are you?” And then I saw his nametag: “Elder Vawdrey.” I was like, “WHOA! Haha So, I got talking with him for a while. We got a picture with our nametags. His parents are Michael and Susan Vawdrey. They live in Seattle, but this Elder is going to New Mexico on his mission.

But, now for a spiritual experience. This miracle just occurred yesterday. My companion and I taught the 1st lesson to a fake investigator. I had prepared to share my testimony after the lesson in SPANISH and when the time came, I was
amazed! The Spirit was SO strong. I was talking really slow, but I did most of it in Spanish! I learned that the gift of tongues doesn’t mean to know every word in Spanish, but rather, it means to know what words to say that the investigator NEEDS to hear! It was so cool!

So my district is actually really small. There was 8 of us, but now there is 7 because one of the sister’s went up to the Advanced class. So there are now 6 Elders and one Sister. And in 2 weeks, 2 of them are leaving for another MTC. It’s nice to have a small district. I love it!

I didn’t know anyone in my district before coming here, but I love them. We have a mix of personalities and we all work well together: 3 in my district are going to Dominican Republic, 1 to Las Vegas, one to New Mexico, my companion to Washington D.C., and me to Nebraska!

Here is an example of what a day really consists of here at the MTC:

6:30am - Wake Up

7:00-7:40am - Personal Study

7:40-8:15am - Breakfast

8:15-9:15am - Personal Study

9:15-12:15pm - Classroom Discussion (learn Spanish, companionship study)

12:15-1:05pm - Lunch

1:30-2:20pm - Exercise

3:00-6:00pm - Classroom Discussion (Preach My Gospel, teach investigators)

6:15-7:20pm - Dinner

7:20-8:15pm - TALL Lab (study Spanish on computer)

8:15-9:00pm - Language Study

9:00-9:30pm - Planning

9:30-10:15pm - Get ready for bed

10:15-10:30pm - Quiet time

10:30pm - Lights out

This is just an idea of a day. Actually this has more stuff than a usual day. We stay busy. First week was crazy, but not it’s settling down a bit. Yeah, sorry, everyday actually isn’t like this. This was a bad example. Haha

I am sleeping great. By the end of the day, I am just wasted. And yes, the Espanol prayers…they are getting longer by the day, but thanks to a loving Heavenly Father, He knows our thoughts if we don’t know how to say it in Spanish. My district is helping me to learn so much!

I have seen Robby Lee every day since my last letter. Haha But, our gym times are different. We have an hour of gym each day. I usually play basketball, but the gym was closed this week because of new mission presidents and their wives are coming for meetings so I played Frisbee with my companion.

Overall, I’m doing good. It’s fun being with a companion all the time, but at the same time, it’s kinda weird. But…the Church is true! I love it so much and God’s love for each of us individually is indescribable! Have a great week!

Se que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdad. Dios ama todos Ustedes!

Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment