ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Power to Motivate

Amigos,

Buenas Tardes! I hope you all have had a great week. This week for us here in Columbus has been crazy.

This week was probably the busiest week thus far on my mission, yet it was by far the most JOYful. We worked hard, and I felt that I started to think of others a lot more. I felt a love for the people here more than I ever have before. I am coming to realize that loving the people is so important and where true joy comes from. It's not just by obedience alone. Loving the people, and especially Jesus Christ, is the true leading cause to obedience and true joy.

This week, we had several lessons in which I felt the spirit stronger than ever before. And the time that I felt the spirit the strongest was when my companion bore his testimony of Jesus Christ to a recent convert. I have never in my life heard such a humble and heartfelt testimony of Jesus Christ. It actually put me into tears! haha

This week, we set "G" (step-daughter of "C") for baptism, and the work is really moving forward here in Columbus. It is so exciting. I'm so grateful that the Lord sent my companion, Elder St. Clair to serve with me. His testimony is powerful and is motivating me more than anything to become the best teacher that I can be and really help the people here.

I've come to realize the reality of serving a mission. It is hard. There are those days when you feel on top of the world and others when you feel like you are buried under the dirt. But those JOYful days far outweigh the others. It's been a great week. And I hope it has been for all of you as well. Sorry, I don't have more time to really share a specific story about this week. But, more than anything, I feel like I have felt this week the great love that God has for each individual person. It is amazing to see the Gospel change lives. The Power to Motivate to a better life is a testimony of Jesus Christ. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment