ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

His Face Smiles Upon Us!

Familia y amigos,

Hello Hello. How are y'all? It's been an exciting week here in Columbus.

This past Saturday, "C" got baptized! I need to find out how much he weighs, but just picture this huge guy, with ginormous hands, and only a size 15 ring fits his finger. haha...Elder Keele asked if I could baptize him. haha I was up for the challenge, yes sir... but man, "C" is a big guy. haha Well, funny thing was that he showed up to church and changed into his white clothes but we noticed he has on a brown belt, and so we were like...hey, sorry, but you gotta take off your belt. He says oh really?? uh oh. haha So he had to find some white rope in the church so he could use that to hold his pants up for the baptism. And then he was so nervous that he forgot to shave. haha "C" is awesome. But anyway, the baptism was a very powerful experience. "C" is one of the humblest people I have ever met.

After the baptism, I was talking to "C" about it. I said, "Man, isn't it so interesting how simple baptism is? You just go under the water and then come right back up and the ordinance is complete." He then told me about how he felt and he said, "Yeah, when I went under the water, it was like I saw the Lord smiling at me and I just had a feeling that everything is going to be alright." That is a statement that I will never forget. I said yeah...now you can know that on a daily basis because you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and you will know that the Lord is always by your side! The next day, he received the Holy Ghost, Aaronic Priesthood, and a calling. I'm so excited for "C". It has been amazing to see him grow as he has turned his life over to the Lord. I am excited to see him continue to grow in the gospel with his family!!

Tomorrow is transfers and I found out that I will be staying here in Columbus, NE once again! I'm very excited about this! It will be weird not being here with Elder Keele, as he will continue to share the good word out in Lexington. My new companion is Elder St. Clair. He was my district leader this past transfer and we seem to have a lot in common. I'm excited to work with him. This will be the final transfer of his mission, so I hope that he doesn't get trunky and that we can work well and hard together.

I wish I had more time to write, but I'm out of time. Just know that missionary work is great and things are well. I hope the same is true for all of you. I love you all. Thanks for your love and support. I know Heavenly Father knows us personally and is watching out for us. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment