ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hola!

Familia y Amigos,

Helloooo! I hope you all had a great 3-day weekend. Yesterday we went with our branch President's wife to a place called "Stuhr Museum." It is a place kind of like Nauvoo where the old pioneers traveled through back in the day. It was pretty cool to see their living quarters and it made me grateful for our living conditions now. They were a very industrious people back then, whereas now it's like everthing is just done for us. It made me think about the Nephites and the Lamanites. When they were righteous the scriptures tell us that they were an industrious people. It was probably a huge sacrifice to build different machines, but it was worth it in the end. So, it's my hope that we won't be lazy and take too much advantage of all the technology around us that we just rely on it more than ourselves. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, then sorry for making you read that paragraph. haha.

Anyway, this past week was another good one. We had a Zone Conference in Lincoln and it was so good! I can't believe it was my last one. It hurt me a little bit. I almost started bawling when our zone sang the closing song. haha It is a privilege to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful that He called me to serve His children here in Nebraska, and I'm excited that my time to serve is not up yet.

Zone Conference
Elders Wells and Vawdrey

We went out to a little town out in the middle of nowhere on Thursday where some members from our branch live. Because they live like 50 miles away we haven't been able to visit them yet...but we were working with other Elders in their own area closer to this little town so we decided to check it out. Well, come to find out there are a couple of part-member families out there. Holy smokes! I don't know why they chose to live in that little town so far away, but the town was awesome, and I thought it was a way cool place. The families that live out there are all related and they have a cousin/grandaughter in South Dakota that is going to serve a mission, so I hope her example will bring all of her extended family back to church. We hope to see them at church this next week so they can enjoy the Spirit!

Also, R has been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon lately so we are really excited about her. We are hoping to help her be prepared for a calling and soon to enter the temple as well! Our other investigating family is doing well. We are going to do a church tour with them this week with some of their other friends, so we are excited for that.

Then, we found another family to teach this past week! Elder Wells found them when we were on exchanges and they are both from Chiwuawua, Mexico (hahaha I probably spelled that totally wrong!) and we went and visited with them the other day and talked about the importance of Jesus Christ. It was probably one of the best and favorite lessons that I've ever been apart of! The husband was about to become a priest in the Catholic church several years ago but decided that he felt getting married and starting a family was more important. And, they told us that they are curious about what we believe because they have friends that are Mormons in Mexico! We introduced them to the Book of Mormon. We are excited about them and hope that they read it.

To end on a funny note, as we were driving to the library today, I was sitting in the passenger seat of our truck (haha yeah we have a truck... we are super spoiled in Nebraska!) and I was talking on the phone with one of our members, and I put the phone on speaker so my companion could also hear the conversation. Well, my companion hit a bump in the road and the phone flew out of my hands and fell right through the seats and I couldn't reach the phone under the seat.... hahahha But the member could still hear us, so we were talkin to him on the phone (without the phone) as we drove. It was hilarious!

But anyway, I hope you all have a great week. I know this is the true Church and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Be positive! Thanks for all you do. Love ya!

Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment