ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, April 1, 2013

He knows our desires!

Familia y Amigos,
 
Happy April Fool's Day! The weather has been warming up a lot and a lot of people are outside. It's really exciting. Also, I want to say thanks to my older sister Brittni for her great example and I hope you adjust well to the real world. ha

This past week, Elder Wells and I had a really cool experience. We were looking at our list of investigators and potentials and at the moment none of them had a date planned for their baptism. Elder Wells and I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help us know who to focus on and who is ready to make covenants with him. We originally hadn't thought about this one person in particular. He's from Nicaragua and his wife is from Cuba. We had an appointment set up with him that day and we felt like he was the one. So when we visited him, we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explained the purpose and importance of baptism, and then he said he wanted to be baptized. It was really cool how it all just worked out and that the Lord blessed us to think of him.

Later on in the week, we had planned to eat dinner with a member but she was single so we needed to bring another guy with us. We decided to call a less-active man to come with us and he agreed. When we got to the member's home for dinner, they didn't answer and we soon found out that they had to go to the doctor for her daughter. We felt bad for this less-active member who agreed to come with us and then the appointment cancelled...but he surprised me at his first response when we found out the members weren't going to be able to feed us. He said: "You guys wanna go to Subway?" We said yes and then without us realizing it, he paid for our food. I was really grateful for this guy. I'm grateful for his good heart. We, in return, shared with him an Easter message and had a great visit.

Then, we had several little service opportunities during the week, such as: Helping some cubans move an entertainment center, helping people fix their fuses in their homes, etc. I'm grateful for these opportunites to serve other people and to share my testimony with them. I love being able to share my testimony daily, because it is strengthened as I share it.

I'm grateful for each of you and the times when you've been an "angel" in my life and also in the lives of others. Every little act makes a difference.Hearts are touched. I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for your love and support.

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment