ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, March 25, 2013

We meet again!

Familia y Amigos,
 
Good morning! I hope you've all had a great week. This past week was transfer week and I was excited to hear that I'm staying here in Grand Island, and that Elder Wells is my new companion! We lived together when I served in Omaha. There were 4 of us living in the same apartment and he was one of the Elders in the other companionship, and it has been a lot of fun being with him. He is from San Diego, CA, comes from a great family, and he just finished serving with Elder Pese, one of my past companions. Elder Wells is a hard worker, humble, and has great love for the people here. So I'm really looking forward to this transfer! My past companion (Elder Morgan) finished his mission and I wish him the best back in American Fork! And I also wish the best to my older sister, Hermana Vawdrey, as she finishes her mission this week! Love you, eh!
 
Elder Morgan left on Monday night and Elder Wells didn't get here until Friday, so I was doing missionary work with the other English Elders here in Grand Island and also the Elders in Hastings. It was fun to be with them and see how they do things in their areas. And then a few members from the Spanish branch here went on splits with me during the week to find a few of our investigators, so that was awesome. We have some good people that we're teaching right now, but we need to keep increasing our pool. One of which is M. She actually said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was kinda shocked when I saw her walking up to the front after the closing song, but then I realized she was saying the closing prayer and I was like, Wow! And it was really good. haha
 
Another guy we're teaching is the non-member of a part-member family, and he read two chapters in the Book of Mormon the other day, so we were really excited about that. Also, in our visit with him he volunteered to say the closing prayer. In our past visits, he has always refused to pray so that was an incredible change! haha We were super excited!
 
The members are great here. They feed us a lot and they have been giving us referrals which is super exciting. So it should be another great week. And I'm guessing this week will bring us the last snow storms for a while. I'm so looking forward to the warmer spring weather. Life is good here in Nebraska! I love it here. Hispanics are such a kind people. It's great to be a missionary. I know this is the true church!
 
Have a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment