ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Count your many blessings!

Amigos y Familia,

Hello once again...and mom, sorry that this e-mail is a day late. Because of the holiday yesterday, the libraries were closed and we weren't able to find a computer to use and send e-mails. But thankfully we were able to get to the library today to send a quick little something something. haha But how are you all? I hope you all had a great week last week.

This past week for me has been full of learning and enduring.

Right now, 4 of us Spanish Elders share an apartment in Omaha and it is a blast. However, we only have one car so we have to share it. dang. haha but I'm grateful we have one at least haha. But because of the first week of the transfer, our monthly allotment on miles just went by super quick and so all this week we had to walk so that we can stay below the monthly allotment. So, it was a sacrifice to walk around everywhere and it made me appreciate having a car, but thankfully it's been nice weather and our investigators live somewhat close to our apartment.

This week, we were able to find a couple of new investigators so that was really exciting. Because we didn't have the car we were able to do some street contacting and that was awesome. I think a lot of people saw us more and we were able to talk to more people because of it. So, even though we didn't see all the people we really wanted to, we were able to still see several and find several others as well!

One individual that we have really been trying to work with is E. He is going through a lot of trials right now and so we feel this is the perfect time to share a message about Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice. We have met with him a few times, but it just seems like he doesn't really take it in. He loves our visits and talks a lot, but he just doesn't seem to show a lot of interest and really just doesn't commit to it. From this I have realized the importance of Agency. I so badly wish we could just tell people how to truly find true happiness... I love the quote that says: "If you want to help someone get to an island, don't tell him/her how to get there; just show him/her the blessings, and they will want to find their way there." When we remember the blessings that come from living the Gospel, we will want to live it. So we are hoping that when we see him tonight, we can be in tune with the spirit and show him the blessings that come from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Another reason why this week has been a learning one for me is because I have been thinking a lot about what it means to "do your best." I have often felt that if I'm not the best or don't have baptisms, then I'm not good enough. Well, this week I feel like I got humbled and finally am realizing that numbers truly don't matter. Doing your best doesn't mean that you have to be the best at whatever you do, it just means that you do your very best and strive to improve yourself one step and one day at a time. It's a process...and it's a long one, but I've seen great blessings already come because I've realized that more. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to learn patience even though I know I don't always have much of it and it's hard to get...but I know that anything is possible, especially if it has to do with the Gospel and we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ for help. I know that the Atonement is real. Christ really did suffer for us and wants to comfort us in times of trial. He has a plan of Happiness for us. It's only during the times that we forget that He is the Master when we begin to be impatient or feel our trials are overwhelming. So from me this week, I would hope that you all choose to rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ more in your lives. It's truly the way to happiness and joy in this life and the next.

One way that I realized the blessings more this week from living the Gospel is because we had the privilige to attend the temple this week. Wow, I don't think I've felt the spirit that strong in the temple before. There is amazing peace and joy that is only found in the temple. It's worth shooting for. There's always something we can do better. We just have to take one thing at a time and focus on the most important things.
 
I love you all. Have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment