ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, May 7, 2012

She came!

Hey familia y amigos!

I hope you've all had a great week this week! It's been good here in Omaha! It's now just the 4 of us Elders here...the 5th that was showing me and my companion around the city went to serve in Lincoln, so now Elder Pese and I are taking over the Omaha North area. We are excited and ready to go to work!

We have been able to meet with a lady named N quite a bit lately. I was amazed by her faith that she showed this past week. When we stopped by early in the week to visit with her, we found out that her ex-husband had gotten into a car accident just down the street because he was drunk. She seemed just shocked about everything, but she still insisted that we come in. We were kind of surprised that she let us in, but we ended up having a great visit with her and talked about church and how she can feel great peace there. She committed to come. Then, Sunday morning, we were waiting outside the church for her to arrive and then she didn't show up. bummer. Well, after Sunday School, we got a call from her and she was apologizing because she had quite a crazy morning. She still wanted to come and so she hurried over quickly to the church and was able to make it in time for Sacrament meeting. We were way excited to see her there and her kids as well! But I saw great faith from her part, insisting on us to visit with her when obviously she had a lot of things going on, and then coming to church on Sunday amid tons of distractions going on at home. We hope that she will continue to progress and keep her baptismal date for the 26th of May.

On Saturday, us missionaries here in Omaha were in the Cinco De Mayo parade. Before it started we passed out mormon.org cards to people on the streets...and HOLY SMOKES...I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a parade before. It was SO packed. We gave out 1000 cards...so we hope that at least one person has enough faith to give us a call or check out the website.

But things are going well here. This morning we did a deep clean of our apartment, and it looks pretty good, I'm not gonna lie. It feels really good to have a clean apartment.

Anyway, I am short on time of course again. But I hope you are all doing well. I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment