ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spirit Touches the Hardest of Hearts

Familia y Amigos,

Buenos Dias otra vez! The weather is starting to warm up out here and it's about time to bring out the short-sleeve shirts! I'm excited.

This week was another good one. As I mentioned in last week's letter that the Branch Presidency changed in our branch...well, only the Branch President stayed the same and he was out of town on Sunday so the two new counselors took over the meetings at church on Sunday and seemed to do a great job. It is so exciting to be here with all of these changes happening.

This week is transfer week, but for some reason the schedule changed up a bit so our Preparation Day is today. Anyway, I won't know who my new companion is until Thursday and then he won't get here until Friday (I'm pretty sure and hope I stay here). My current companion, Elder Morgan, leaves for Omaha today so I will be working with the other Elders here in Grand Island until my new companion arrives. I am so grateful for the time I've had to serve with Elder Morgan. He has been a great influence on me and he has taught me a lot! He returns to American Fork, UT this next week so if any of you know him and happen to see him tell him hi...and hi from me as well. :) I feel comfortable with the area here and feel ready for the change to occur, but I will miss Elder Morgan.

Earlier this week, we went to North Platte and I did exchanges with Elder Hadfield from American Fork, UT! haha It was an incredible day and we told different powerful spiritual experiences that we've each had on our missions. So cool. And we had one experience in particular out there that was incredible to me. The four of us were invited to eat lunch with a less-active member who had invited several of his employees over as well who are not members of the church. One guy was super anti-mormon and just was asking us all these ridiculous questions about the Church of his misconceptions. Well, we responded to them the best we could and then he made the mistake of asking us, "So how do you know that the Mormon church is the true church?" haha I just thought, "Testimony Meeting, here we go. Time for the Spirit to take over." So anyway, each of us all bore our testimonies and it was really powerful. My heart was beating hard. Then, pretty soon we went our different ways. Well, I just got a call from Elder Hadfield this morning telling us that this guy went up to the less-active member afterwards and asked him some really sincere questions. One of which was if he could have a Book of Mormon. He said he wanted to read it! So that was way cool to hear. It's true that the Spirit can soften even the hardest of hearts. I hope that he reads the Book of Mormon with the right intentions. Based on our experience with him, I think he will.

I hope that you all have a great week. I know this is the true church and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. Thanks for your love and support!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment