ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Going to Lexington, NE

Familia y Amigos,

How are you all? I hope you had another great week. Holy smokes...I can't believe it. Tomorrow is transfers and I found out this morning that I'm being transferred to Lexington, NE. I thought for sure I would stay here in Omaha for a couple more transfers. I still feel like I just got here. But I will be joining Elder Terris and Elder Hugentobbler (we call him hug a tobbler! haha) clear out West. I'm super surprised but I'm really excited as well. I served with Elder Terris for about a week when I first came here to Omaha with Elder Pese...he was here for about a week to show us around the city...and he was awesome, so I'm excited to join up with him. And then Elder Hugentobbler goes home in 3 weeks...he goes home in the middle of a transfer so I'll be in a 3-some for just 3 weeks it sounds like. This is like my 7th 3-some... haha weird. But from what I've heard, there is a TON of hispanics out in Lexington and they have been teaching like crazy out there. I'm pumped. But I will miss the people of Omaha very much. The ward here is amazing and I had a GREAT time serving with Elder Pese. Oh and Elder Pese will be taking over the area...haha yeah go Pese! But I'm so grateful I had the privilege to serve out here in Omaha! And who knows, maybe I'll end up coming back to this place?!

So other than that news....this week was pretty good. Last Monday, we were pretty frustrated because we weren't really having any success with any of our investigators. So we were praying on our way to J's house that we could just teach somebody. Well, when we knocked his door, he let us right in and we talked to him for a while and we both felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. So we did and he accepted!! It was a powerful lesson and Elder Pese and I were so stoked!! We feel like our prayers were answered and that God is watching over us! 

And then earlier this week we went and saw a less-active family and watched "The Restoration" movie with them. In that lesson, I seriously almost burst out in tears, that movie is powerful and I know that they felt it too. So we hope that they will come to church now so they can feel that more. And we found out that the grandma and niece that live with them aren't members of the church. And the grandma seemed super interested in the message of the Restoration. So we are excited about that!

As for a funny story...last night Elder Pese and I took the car to go see some people and when we got out of the car, we realized that one of the car tires was a little bit on top of the curb. Elder Pese looked at me and said: "Watch this. I'll get it off the curb." So he turned around and then hit his backside against the car and we heard a "POP." hahahaha And we looked at it and Elder Pese put a dent in the car with his bum. hahaha it was HILARIOUS. And it is a huge dent. So, he felt super bad. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

Elder Pese's "bum" dent

Other than this, I can't remember everything else that happened. I switched to a new planner and so everything that happened during the week is in my other planner. I don't have a very good memory. haha sorry. And the news of transfers blows my mind. haha but I'm super excited. I hope you are all doing well. I love you all and thanks so much for your love and support!! Enjoy another week of Summer!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

Our Omaha District

No comments:

Post a Comment