ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, April 2, 2012

Down the Drain!

Familia y Amigos,

Hello once again...I can't believe it's been another week. But man, I hope you all had a chance to watch some General Conference. I felt very inspired and I learned a lot. It was interesting for me to see the MTC choir on one of the sessions. It's weird to think about the MTC now that I'm actually out here in the mission field. But I enjoyed seeing the light in their eyes ready to serve. That inspired me and I'm SO grateful for the privilege to serve as a Missionary for the Church of JESUS CHRIST! It truly is because of Jesus Christ that we have all the blessings that we do. This gospel is perfect! It's interesting to see how the talks are different each session and each 6 months. But I know that the talks are inspired by God and I feel motivated to become and better missionary.

As for conference, mom and dad, I kept our tradition going with eating Dried Mangos. haha A member in our branch found out that my birthday was this month and that I love dried mangoes and so she bought me a bag from Costco before Conference began. So, hahah that brought me back some great memories and made me feel right at home.

But as for this week, the experience that was the most powerful to me was our visit with G. We talked about the Word of Wisdom and he told us how he's had a hard time with giving up drinking. We talked to him about the blessings that will come if he stops. We then we asked him if he had any beer in his fridge and he said yeah. So we said, "Well, let's go pour them out then! He was hesitant at first but after we shared a few scriptures with him, he got excited, opened up the fridge door, grabbed the beer, and poured it down the drain!! haha It was SO sweet! He's a great kid and it has been a blast to visit with him. He is set for baptism for this Saturday but we actually might switch it back one more week. We will see. But he's doing well. He just got a job with construction and is working a ton so it's going to be more dificult to work with him as much as we previously have. But, the Lord will provide a way. I know it. It's was cool to hear him say that he feels like a different person around his friends now, and that he feels like a better person. That is the blessing that comes from coming closer to Christ and relying on His Atonement!

I hope you all have had a great week and have another great week this next week. Happy Easter!! Thanks so much for all that you all do. I have never appreciated my family and friends more than I have on my mission. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment