ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Coming!!

Hola Hombres y Mujeres :D

How are you all? I can't believe this week is la Navidad! Wow. Time flies by so quickly.

Okay, I have little time today, sorry. But here we go.

So this week, we have dinner with the "M" again!! They are investigators and man it was so cool. They fed us a delicious enchilada dinner...like the biggest enchiladas I have ever seen...and then they began asking us questions about baptism. When the mom asked: "What we believe about baptism and why we don't baptize infants" I felt the spirit enter the room and I was like BOOO YEAHH!! haha So, we explained to this Hispanic family about baptism, age of accountability, and it was SO powerful. They believed every word of it and it was so cool to see their countenances just light up. But anyway, we also introduced the Book of Mormon to them again and found out that they read 3 Nephi 11 and that was so cool to hear that they had read. Overall, it was an amazing lesson, we soft-setted them for baptism, so we are SO excited to keep working with them. But, at the end of the lesson, Sis. "M" opened up my quad to the Doctrine & Covenants just randomly and read a scripture. I was a bit hesitant at first and then she read in D&C 89 about how if they did these things then they receive receive health, walk and not faint, and run and not be weary. It was super cool.

Then, we received a referral the other day. We went and met this guy, "JG", on Saturday. He was a super cool guy and is from Guatemala. He was referred to us by his wife and he began taking the lessons in Guatemala. We were STOKED when he showed up at church the next day. And to know that he WALKED. He lives about a mile from the church, but still that was amazing to me. So, we have some great investigators right now. Unfortunately, we aren't going to have any baptisms by the end of this year, by my hope is to have some more baptismal dates set by the end of the year and make this Christmas a preparation for more investigators entering the waters of baptism :)

Sorry, I forgot to say again last week...but this week is transfers. I am so excited that I will be staying here in Columbus again, and with my same companion. The Church is true. I hope you all can keep Christ in your Christmas. I am so grateful for this time of year and to see how people's attitudes change. If only we would just choose right now to keep it throughout the next WHOLE year, we will be made all the better for it and help those around us. One thing I have really realized this past transfer is the importance of CHARITY. Charity is everything!! Merry Christmas everyone. I wish you all the best of keeping Christ in your Christmas. Love you!

Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment