ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Lord's hand is in our lives!

Hola,

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

This week was great. The Lord is blessing us mucho. There is a family that just moved in from Omaha that wanted to investigate the church. We contacted them and found out that the mother is a less-active, and the dad and daughter are investigators. A few days later we met with them and taught about how God is our loving Heavenly Father and how the gospel blesses families. The spirit was SO strong!! Oh my goodness. I don't think I have ever felt the spirit more strong in a lesson than I did that day. The mom and daughter were crying their eyes out...haha The gospel is such good stuff!!! But, they invited us over a few days later and we taught about Joseph Smith. We watched part of the Restoration movie with them and that really brought the spirit into the room. I was a bit nervous because when Joseph Smith walks into the grove, the mom and daughter got up and left for a second. I was like NOOooooo! haha but they quickly came back so I was happy. And then they cried again after the movie. The spirit was so strong and my companion asked the father what his thoughts were. And he said, "I feel that this is right. Like I believe everything that happened in that movie." So right there, we invited him to be baptized so he could feel that peace everyday for the rest of his life, and he said YES!!! And so did the daughter!! WHOOT!! They are set for December 17. So we are super excited for them. I will let you know how things go with them.

"Prophet of the Restoration" - 62 minutes

Then, another big event from this week was that we were in a parade in Seward, Nebraska the other day. The parade was put on by the city and was pretty much just to get people excited for Christmas, I think...not sure exactly. haha But anyway, there were like 20 of us missionaries who went and sang Christmas hymns on the float and that was way cool.

For Thanksgiving, we were super blessed as well. We were invited to the Couch's home for dinner, which was amazing, and then after visiting with them for a while, we went to the Hyde's home. We felt very loved and had a great holiday with some of the members of our branch and some investigators as well.

Sorry this update is a bit short but I am out of time. The Lord's hand is in our lives. I know that of a surety. Look for it and you will find it. The Church is true!!

Love,

Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment