ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, November 14, 2011

Good thing I like pizza!

Familia y Amigos,

Wow, what a roller coaster the mission is! But oh man, are the thrills awesome or what? This last week was transfers and pretty quick I met my new companion, Elder Keele! He is from good ol' Boise, ID!! haha. This is my 2nd companion from Boise. But once I got to my new area, Columbus, Nebraska, I immediately felt loved. As I met my companion, I realized that we have quite a bit in common, personality-wise...which is awesome. But I have realized that my first two transfers have totally prepared me for this area and my companion. It is amazing where the Lord puts us and we don't realize how good it is until later.

This city is lucky to have Elders Vawdrey and Keele!

Columbus, Nebraska is AWESOME. We have a branch that is English and Spanish (mixed) but it is much bigger than Sioux City. It is on the verge of becoming a ward and there is so much potential here. There are a ton of investigators for us to teach and I'm so excited. Just last night there was a Spanish broadcast and we didn't find out about it until like 3 hours prior. So...okay, we have some ward mission leaders and just all the members in general that are SO missionary minded, it's unbelievable. The father of a hispanic family is the 1st counselor in the branch presidency and he has a brother (and his family) that are recent converts and another brother (and his family) that are investigators. It was so cool to see his love for his brothers as they came to the broadcast and I met them all. I'm really excited for the investigators. They have family support and branch support.

My Spanish has really improved. I got here not having spoken much Spanish in lessons other than my testimony and/or a principle. But here, my companion has let me teach a bunch of lessons and lead them out in Spanish. I love Spanish. It is so fun to speak. The Lord is really blessing me.

Also, just this last week, I was worrying a lot about the money that I had left. For some reason, I only had like $40 on my card for the rest of the month and don't have much food. I don't know where all my money went. I had to buy a lot of little things and I guess they all just added up. Well, on top of only $40, I needed to still pay fast offerings. So, I was getting super nervous. Not having money is something that really causes you to appreciate what you have and sacrifice. So anyway, I prayed about this to know what to do, and how to have food for the month. And in the next two days, we received 11 frozen pizzas from some members in our branch. SO COOL. The members are so good to us here. And I have had several other miracles happen to me like this this past week. I would type them all if I had time. But, all in all, I know that God knows where each of us are and He loves us.

I have never been so happy in my life before. And I know that it's not because things are easy, but because my faith is growing. So, this past week I have really learned that, as our faith improves, our happiness improves.

Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I love you all. Thanks so much for your love and support. I hope you enjoy the snow ;) and that you had a fun 11-11-11. Here, we decided to be crazy and eat 11 lifesaver mints at once. I have pictures ;) Take luck!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment