ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Monday, September 12, 2011

Change is constant!

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

I hope you all had a wonderful week! And yesterday was a memorable day for America. I am so grateful for our freedoms and privileges...especially for our freedom of religion :) This freedom set up for the Restoration of the Gospel. How sweet!!!

And this week has been memorable too. We had a zone conference this week which was very uplifting and we received several new standards. One of which has to do with food. oh no. haha Here in this mission we have great members who feed us every night for dinner. In our zone conference we were told that we need to stop this. It is destroying our mission because it is taking away too much time from proselyting. From now on we can only have dinner with a member family if there is a progressive or potential investigator present. Otherwise, we must eat dinner on our own before 5pm because we found out that the best proselyting time is between 5pm and 9pm.

I was a little surprised at this change, but I am really excited about it, to be honest. I think this will really open up more opportunities to serve more and teach more lessons!!! yes!! That's what I want. We have been doing service so much...but this will allow us to teach lessons too! I think this will allow me to have more opportunities to speak Spanish too. cool.

Anyway, it has been an interesting week. However, there are many people who don't like this inspired change. I hope that I can work more closely with my companion so that we can help this truly help out the mission and bringing souls closer to Christ. When we receive counsel from a leader, it's not just from them...it's the same as if it is directly from the Lord... so obey we must :)

I love missionary work, and it is definitely work. but it's great. One other new thing coming out is mormon.org campaigns. They will start having commercials and billboards of mormon.org profiles next month in different cities throught the country...so we are really excited about this. If any of you aren't familiar with mormon.org, I encourage you to go check it out. It is SO sweet. Click on profiles and watch a movie clip or two they are amazing. And you can also create your own profile with your testimony and hobbies. :)

Because we have just been continually helping with sandbags and moving people from house to house, I haven't had opportunities to speak spanish, but I know they will come :)

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment