ELDER VAWDREY RETURNS HOME FROM HIS MISSION IN:

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Little by Little

Familia y Amigos,
Hello again... I hope you all have enjoyed another week of life and hot weather! yeah! haha I'm craving an otter pop right now...but anyway.

This week was very different compared to the rest of my mission thus far. We found out that we have bed bugs and this week was also the "apartment cleaning check," so we spent 3 straight days just cleaning our apartment of former missionaries' stuff, washing ALL of our clothes, turning upside down our beds and desks and dressers, and etc. Flip, I'm glad my parents didn't make me clean like that back at home. haha But, I think we are safe from bed bugs for at least a month...or so we hope...and our apartment looks brand new. It feels good to have the place free of old stuff even though it was a pain to get it all done. We were supposed to get the apartment checked by somebody but nobody even came. We were kinda frustrated, but I remembered a quote from the quote book my mom sent me: "The best part of having done something is having done it." or something like that. haha I don't care if someone comes and checks it anymore, it just feels nice, and I think the spirit is stronger during our studies because we cleaned.

But we have one pretty solid investigator right now, JG. He has been to church 4 times and is a referral from members in our ward. We are planning to have dinner with the members and JG this week and after we will teach a lesson with them, so we are pumped for that. But other than JG, all of our other investigators seem to just be floating around right now. This next week we have a specialized training about Finding, so I'm looking forward to that. But, we need to think of new ways to find investigators.

As for something else that I'm SUPER pumped about is that I finished El Libro de Mormon in Spanish this week for my first time!! boo ya! My goal was to finish it by my 1-year mark, and I beat it by 2 days! yeah baby!

But this week it hit me again about how good things come slow. I sometimes still get frustrated with my Spanish...but oh well. I realized that I just got to focus on one thing at a time, one day at a time, and then overtime, I will hopefully know a lot more! haha I guess that is my spiritual thought for this letter...Little by Little.

Thanks to each of you for all that you do, your support, and your examples. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Vawdrey

P.S. I learned how to say one of my favorite quotes in Spanish the other day. Los hereos no nacen, sino que se hacen! "Heroes aren't born, they're made!"

No comments:

Post a Comment